All Over

After three years, I have now returned to the UK and so will not be adding any more posts here. Thank you all for reading

これからもよろしくお願いします!

Until the day I return to Japan-land...

Monday, July 21, 2008

BBC and the London Embassy

I got a call from Mr. BBC today. They wished to do an interview on morning radio about the relationship between China and Japan. Unfortunately I only saw the email 20mins before they planned to broadcast, so I'll have to leave my insightful analysis for another day. Anyway it was nice to be asked!

I got back to the UK last Friday, and on Wednesday I found myself at the Japanese embassy for a drinks do. Sushi and white-wine. I shamelessly hobnobbed with the Minister for Trade and we chatted away in Japanese about Japan's nuclear policy. At least, I think it was about Japan's nuclear policy. (If you're just saying, "Yes... I agree... that's right...", I find it's hard to go wrong.)

Many have asked me since I got back whether I'm going to do a job using my Japanese. Probably not, is the answer. It's nice to use a skill, especially after having spent so long learning it, but you learn skills to give you more choices, not less. I don't want to limit myself by saying "I must have a job where I use my Japanese". At the moment, other things looks more interesting.

That's it: my last post. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Clarity said...

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the visit and welcome back to the old smoke, hasn't changed much has it?

Drop me a post when you start writing a new saga :)

Clarity