All Over

After three years, I have now returned to the UK and so will not be adding any more posts here. Thank you all for reading

これからもよろしくお願いします!

Until the day I return to Japan-land...

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Vending Machines

The land of vending machines. They are actually everywhere.

I remember once going to a beautiful little fish farm at the bottom of a river valley, at least two hours walk from the nearest public road, only to find amongst the rural scene of chickens, vegetable patches and fish being farmed, two big vending machines.

You can buy anything. Cigarettes, drinks and until very recent legal changes, alcohol too. But never food. So you can stop off your way home, buy a bottle of whiskey and some cigars but if you fancy a mars or twix? Forget it.




The cow-piss, I mean Calpis range; and what I can assure you does NOT taste anything like cider.

One can also find spiritual enlightenment and a better physique, though beware of depression.

No comments: