All Over

After three years, I have now returned to the UK and so will not be adding any more posts here. Thank you all for reading

これからもよろしくお願いします!

Until the day I return to Japan-land...

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First day back at school

"Hey Ryoga! How are you?!"

Ryoga looks at me suspiciously.

"How are you doing? Did you enjoy your summer holidays?"

"No."

He disappears off to his classroom.

-

"Hello Shion!"

Shion's response:
1) Big grin for teacher.
2) Punch teacher right in the balls.
3) Run off to classroom.

-

Holiday homework came in today:

For her spelling example sentences one girl asked at the top of the page, "Imagination okay?".

She let me know when this dangerous device had been used by making a note in brackets after each sentence:

"Tuesday is my piano lesson. (Not true)
Wednesday is my ballet class (Not true)
I love to ride my bike. (True)
I went to the moon by myself (Not true)"

One boy wrote:

"Yesterday I went to toilet. I watched a movie. And then I drank soda. It was yummy."

Some others were:

"Yesterday I went to in side Mr Miller. I played with his brain. And then I ate his brain. It was yucky."

"Yester I went to Hokkaido. I ate ice crean. And then froze. It was cold. "

"Today I went to Venus. It was very very very hot. And then Im drank 500 bottle of water and I went Saturn. It was very very very cold."

I suspect one of my students was being deliberately provacative (the rascal):

"Yesterday I went poo-poo. I ate poo-poo. And I drank pee-pee. It was funy and it was yumy."

My favourite spelling mistake was:

"Last Saturday I went to the moon with an astrosnot. And then I saw an alien. It was fun. "

I've been told that I can't include any more pictures of the children on my blog, so here's a picture of an Ostrich egg that Daiki brought in.



There was some disagreement as to whether it was a real egg or not (why does he have an ostrich egg?), but the issue was resolved when the egg (all 2kg) went off. I came in one morning to meet the smell of 2kg of rotting egg. Believe me when I say that's a lot of smell.

However it was only once the egg started becoming so disgusting that the other children became interested in it. They were daring each other to smell it or touch the green slime. I think Daiki was quite pleased.

2 comments:

Hessian Pepper said...

Thank God it didn't hatch though! How old are the kids you teach Bren? They sound hilarious!

Anonymous said...

a pleasure again, reading those sweet entries - their imagination seems fresh, wholesome and striking - not to mention... funny, especially the "brain meal" one :) please post more. By the way, are those special characters in the above post? Can't read them. Peace, A in London