All Over

After three years, I have now returned to the UK and so will not be adding any more posts here. Thank you all for reading

これからもよろしくお願いします!

Until the day I return to Japan-land...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Butoh - apparently no nudity involved


I've mentioned Butoh before when describing my good friend Oliver. Read his account and see the rest of the various pictures I've taken of his performances here.

In the dance above, three women and Ollie locked in a huge embrace and grinded around to a track by Muse. In the small theatre, with everyone sweating in the heat, it was a prevocative, almost amative, evocation of the erotic (By the time it had finished I felt like I'd just had sex). Cunningly, because there was quite a high risk of tumbling over, the participants were directed, if they were to trip, to then make it into a "falling down" dance.

No comments: