All Over

After three years, I have now returned to the UK and so will not be adding any more posts here. Thank you all for reading

これからもよろしくお願いします!

Until the day I return to Japan-land...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Why I love my job # 4 ... ?

For those inclined to underestimate the rigours of supervising six and seven year olds, to those who might feel I've chosen an easy route, that I've opted for some time-out after the stress of Oxford and so on; I offer the following statistics for the last term.

- Worked 10 hours a day, 50 hours a week, straight.
- Contracted tonsilitus 5 times (no joke); and more colds than I can count.
- "Ryoga please don't draw on the floor", said at least 3 times a day.
- Had to sing/perform the actions to the Lizard song 54 times.
- "No you can to the toilet at break-time", said 825 times.
- "Cynthia get changed! Get changed and then play", said 11,390 times.
- Worked, or been asked to work, 99.9999% of weekends.
- Had 5 sets of trousers, 4 shirts and 2 jumpers ruined by children walking around the art room, carrying their wet paint brushes before them like the blind with canes. Except in this case they're horrible litter children lancing my clothes with wet paint.
- Found in hair, had stuck on hands, cleaned off the floor and inhaled 63.9 billions particles of acrylic glitter.
- Accidently stapled by own stomach with a staple gun.

Although I have to admit the last item was the result of my own acute stupidity and could, therefore, have happened in a variety of different jobs.

Of course something must be right if I'm staying for another year :-)

1 comment:

BJ said...

oh you poor thing- but children are very germy. urgh.